1lb Basmati rice
4 tblsp. Oil
4-6 Curry leaves
¼ tsp. Mustard seeds
½ tsp. Zeera (seed)
3 Whole dried red chillies (cut into small pieces)
1 tsp. Salt
3 Medium Tomatoes (chopped)
1 tblsp. Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash rice.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the curry leaves, mustard seeds and zeera and red
chillies. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, stir for 1 minute.
- Add the water, stir, then cover the saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then lower the heat.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Stir once or twice.
- Add the coriander leaves and serve hot.
Back to the Curry Index