1 cup sifted Baisan (Channa flour)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda or Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1 dessertspoon Lemon Juice
1/4 pint approx. Water to mix
2 cups Peas
- Mix flour, salt, soda, chilli powder and lemon juice in a basin.
- Add water gradually and mix well.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes and then mix again. Batter should be a medium
- Add peas and mix well.
- Place a spoonful of mixture in hot oil. Fry on medium heat.
- Press the pakora to ensure cooking inside. Cook until golden brown.
- Eat hot with chutney.
Back to the Curry Index