2 cups Atta (Chapati flour No. 2)
Pinch of salt
Water to make dough
- Put atta into bowl and add sufficient water to knead into a soft dough.
- Knead well and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide into 8 or 9 even sized balls.
- Roll each ball out into a 2" diameter circle.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of ghee in centre. Fold in half. Apply more ghee and fold again.
- Roll each piece into a 6" round.
- Place a little ghee into tawa and heat.
- Place 1 paratha on it. Cook on medium heat for 1/2 minute, turn and cook other side.
- Brush a little ghee on both sides.
- Both sides should be browned. Press paratha whilst cooking to cook evenly.
Back to the Curry Index