1 1/2 lbs Plain Flour
1 sachet dried yeast
5 tblsp Plain yoghurt
1/4 tsp salt
8-10 fl oz Milk to make dough
- Mix all the ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Cover and leave in a warm place until it swells to 1 1/2 times it's original volume.
- Divide the mixture into balls a bit larger than a golf ball.
- Roll the balls into rounded oblong shape.
- Warm tawa or frying pan and when it is hot put a nan on.
- When the lower surface is baked apply a little mixture of milk and water on the uncooked
- Place under a hot grill and cook until you see brown spots.
Serve hot with curries.
Back to the Curry Index