3lb Chicken, cubed
2 tablespoon ghee or oil
2 large onions cut into thin slices
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
3 green peppers
3 green chillies
Spices for marinade
2 teaspoon garlic pulp
2 teaspoon ginger pulp
2 teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon Dhania powder
2 teaspoon jeera powder
3 tablespoon yoghurt
- Grind peppers, tomatoes and chillies together.
- Mix all spices for marinade with the chicken and leave for at least one hour in the
- Heat ghee and fry onion until golden brown.
- Remove onion from pan
- In same oil fry chicken pieces on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add chilli powder and left over marinade. Fry for 2 minutes
- Add chicken and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add half a cup of water. Cook chicken gently until tender
- Mix in yoghurt and fried onions and fry for about 1/2 a minute
- Add pepper/tomato/chilli mix and chopped coriander. Fry for another minute.
Serve hot. This is a dry dish so shouldn't have a sauce.
Back to the Curry Index