1½ lbs Meat (Lamb or Beef)
8 oz. Channa Dal
6 oz. Onion
3 oz. Cooking Oil
4 Cloves of Garlic
1" piece of Ginger
1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Haldi Powder
2 tablespoons Dhania Powder
3 teaspoons Salt
3 teaspoons Garam Masala
4 oz. Chopped Tomatoes (tinned)
16 oz. Water
- Clean and wash meat and cut into 1½" pieces.
- Clean and wash channa dal and soak in water.
- Chop onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker, add onion and fry until onion is golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic, fry for 1 min.
- Add Chilli Powder, Haldi Powder, Dhania Powder, Salt, Grammasala, fry for 1 min. on
medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of Water.
- Add tomatoes and fry until you see the Oil.
- Add meat and dal and fry on high heat.
- Cook until you see the oil.
- Add water and put the lid on and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooker is cool open. If meat is dry add some more water.
Serve with rice or chapati
Back to the Curry Index